Website Western Marble & Tile Ltd.
Western Marble & Tile Ltd. is looking to hire a dependable hand polisher who provides the highest quality of workmanship and service in a high demand of daily polishing of stone coming out of production to make ready for installation in residential homes, commercial buildings and condominiums.
Work schedule is Monday-Friday 8:00a.m. to 4:00p.m
Salary based on the level of experience
We are a high-energy successful team where safety and quality are #1. Western Marble & Tile Ltd. offers a comprehensive benefits plan and a competitive compensation program. Join a team where change is constant and the opportunity for growth is at it highest!
• Completed Secondary Education
• 1 to 3 years of previous hand polishing experience in the stone manufacturing industry
• Experience in excellent customer service including the ability to ensure 100% customer satisfaction.
• High attention to detail, quality and safety
• Excellent communication skills with the appropriate command of the English language
• Ability to use hand tools for stone and quartz product fabrication including but not limited to Pneumatic grinders/polishers, electric multi-speed angle grinders, assorted polishing pads, 5”-6” diamond blades, assorted size drill bits.
• Strong analytic, organization and planning skills.
• Deadline driven, able to handle multiple tasks while working in a team environment.
• Positive professional demeanor.
• Ability to lift heavy materials over 60 lbs
• Valid Driver’s license
• Responsible for completing the final touch up (polishing) of jobs coming out of production to make ready for installation. Required us of the following tools: Pneumatic grinders/polishers, electric multi-speed angle grinders, assorted polishing pads, 5″-6″ diamond blades, assorted size drill bits.
• Responsible for reading work orders and following production list.
• Responsible for Loading and unloading the Titan and Fastback Machines.
• Keeping work area and tools clean.
• Working efficiently to help attain goals per square feet.
• Report job numbers with square footage, sink cut outs – polished and unpolished, edge work and any other information necessary to complete daily reports.
• Report any down time including the reason for the downtime.
• After polishing and final touch ups are complete, the Hand Polisher sends the completed job to Quality Control for the final inspection.
• Ensures that all tools are maintained and in good working order
• Maintain clean working areas
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The position will require the following physical activities on a regular basis; crouching, reaching, standing, sitting, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, handling and repetitive motions. The maximum amount of weight required to be lifted will be less than 60 pounds.
Indoors in a non-temperature-controlled environment. The typical noise level for this job is loud (85 decibels which may require ear protection to be worn). Manitoba Health states that ear protection must be worn at all times when current volumes are more than 85 decibels.
Respiratory masks are also required.
Vision Requirements: Safety glasses when operating Machine or hand tools.
Does this opportunity interest you? Do you want to be part of a successful team? Then APPLY TODAY!!!
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com